The privacy of your personal information is important to our clinic. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the goods and services we provide.
Like all medical professionals, we collect, use and disclose personal information in order to serve our patients. The primary purpose for collecting personal information is to provide treatment.
Like most organizations, we also collect, use and disclose information for purposes secondary to our primary purposes. The most common examples of our related and secondary purposes is to invoice patients for goods or services that was not paid for at the time, to process credit card payments or to collect unpaid accounts.
The cost of goods/services provided by the organization to patients is often paid for by third parties (e.g., motor vehicle accident insurance, private insurance). These third party payers often have the patient’s consent or legislative authority to direct us to collect and disclose certain information in order to demonstrate patient entitlement to this funding.
Patients or other individuals we deal with may have questions about our goods or services after they have been received. We retain patient information for a mandatory minimum of ten years after the last contact.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We understand the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason, we have taken the following steps:
• Paper information is either under supervision or secured in restricted area.
• Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secure in a restricted area at all times.
• Paper information is transmitted through sealed, addressed envelopes or boxes by reputable companies.
• Electronic information is transmitted either through a direct line or has identifiers removed or is encrypted.
• External consultants and agencies with access to personal information must enter into privacy agreements with me.
YOU CAN LOOK AT YOUR INFORMATION
With only a few exceptions, you have the right to see what personal information we hold about you.
We can help you identify what records we might have about you. We will also try to help you understand any information you do not understand (e.g., short forms, technical language, etc.). We reserve the right to charge a nominal fee for such requests.